Incredible 1927 Historic Mansion revival with an unrivaled pedigree as the beloved home of the family of Edgar Allan Poe for over 70 years and the 2018 Baltimore Symphony Designers' Show House. Thoughtfully designed to blend stately and timeless architectural remnants with luxe modern amenities, this one of a kind estate has been transformed into a modern day masterpiece. Follow the long tree lined entrance drive and you'll find the enchanting Flemish Bond Red Brick mansion atop a small Knoll overlooking its nearly 13 acre plot. Inside you are greeted by 10+ foot ceilings, refinished original Heart of Pine Hardwood Floors and early 1920s Millwork. Elegant arched doorways invite you to explore each room of the house that store the memories of lives lived long ago. An original hand tiled morning room with tranquil views of the grounds showcases Inlaid Raven tiles- playing homage to the great Baltimore Poet. Modern amenities include new 6 Zoned HVAC, Electric, Plumbing, Windows and Natural Gas Line, renovated and expanded Kitchen with Blanco Halcyon Marble counters, Shiplap and Beamed ceilings, Viking Appliances, Dual Sided Gas fireplace and a custom metal Range Hood hand welded by Local artist Randy Slaysman. Incredible Master Suite with custom walk in Closet and 5 piece En-suite Bath. Wheelchair accessible Elevator & Gym space have also been added. In the basement, Original Arched Brick foundations walls help define a billiards room, entertaining space, bar, media room and 900 Bottle Wine Cellar. Exterior landscaping incorporating brick vestiges that once housed formal English Gardens help to create perfect outside entertaining spaces. A newly built 3 car garage with interior breezeway connects home and car while a whimsical walkable bridge leads guests from the main house to a separate guest suite. The ultra coveted Greenspring Valley location is conveniently centered between all major commuting routes- I95, I695, I83, Falls Rd- a short trip to Green Spring Valley Hunt Club and to a large selection of shops and restaurants. VISIT www.416GarrisonForest.com FOR MORE INFORMATION
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Traditional
7 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Other, Electric Water Heater, We
9,311 sq. ft
Yes - 3 spaces
Baltimore County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Dining Area, Formal
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Microwave, Central Vacuum, Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Range Hood, Appliance Center, Stove, Washer
- Central Air, Electric
- Gas Heat. Forced Air.
- Partial, Full, Full Finished, Heated
- 2. Mantle, Wood-burning, Gas Burning.
- Additional Interior Features
- Bar, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Elevator, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, wine storage, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 3 Garage Spaces.
- Patio, Balcony
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Additional Lot(s), Front Yard, Landscaped, Side Yard. Backs To Trees, Cleared, Additional Lot(S), Front Yard, Landscaping, Level, Partly Wooded, Premium, Private, Sideyard(S).
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price